Saturday 24 October 2009

Outsmarting The Daleks

Photograph by YF. Title inspired by BC on StyleForvm

   Much like EJ and Steve of Style Salvage, I've always had more than an occasional torrid fling with the concept of a personal uniform. I'm certainly living it right now - it's been little other than jacket-and-tie or jacket-and-waistcoat-and-tie for the past month or so - and while it won't approach an apex any time soon, it does start to feel a little constricting (much like my strange penchant for wearing my Junya trench to art shows). I do not plan on creating any full-on streetwear ensembles, but the notion of placing such garments back into my ensemble is a rather tempting one. As I recall, my aesthetic of six years ago was about creating traditionally inspired outfits out of streetwear; possibly the folly of youth, but at least it was an entertaining and challenging idea, and somehow I neatly avoided resembling a member of a seventh tier indie band

   Of course, the flipside is that I usually set out to entertain and enliven myself with my traditional ensembles. Hence the ever-exuberant colour mixing and pattern clashing. And no, I did not wake up that morning intending to match my tie to my umbrella, but fate is funny like that

   I'm standing outside my modern art TARDIS in the courtyard of the Royal Academy of Arts in Piccadilly, which currently hosts the works of Anish Kapoor. I'm rather looking forward to catching the show, possibly next week at that. Good weekend, all


   P.S. Dear Steven Moffat, if another regeneration is forthcoming, holla at me. Yours, B.O.N.

7 comments:

CC said...

im infatuated with this outfit
the colors are so clever
-and thank you so much for your comment
you are so very kind
xo

Barima said...

Thank you and I was glad to check in. You are a major sweetheart

Syed said...

That sportscoat is so fantastic, and I am absolutely in awe of your pattern mixing, it looks great!

Dennis Cahlo said...

You are the king of pattern mixing, my friend.

Unlikely You said...

Damn, u look smart.

WinstonC said...

A great photo. Well done indeed.

W

luxury ties said...

Really like this look! The cardigan is loevly too! That sort of folk look and design on knitwear is really in just now

ShareThis