Tuesday 21 July 2009

Outfit Digest - Variable Weather Response

   The heatwave had more than a good run earlier this month, but eventually, British Summer Time must maintain its reputation. So, it's all about varieties in suit, sportcoat and trouser weights, and a readily available umbrella, which was amusingly referred to as a "pimping stick" by an otherwise sultry Colombian girl on the bus, who had an anti-social - if droll - tendency to sing along to Spanish-language and r'n'b songs on her mobile

   Go Greens:



   Purple Rain and Anchorman Burgundy:



   New purchases include borrowed fake eyeglasses, green poly-cotton H&M sportcoat, burgundy H&M double breasted cardigan (with nods to Winston) and purple Aquascutum Ltd. by Nick Hart odd jacket, which was another lucky bargain second hand purchase. Beautifully moddish and slim cut, it should make quite a few rounds this autumn

   This has absolutely no new purchases contained within; it had been a while since I'd worn a suit, and a visiting friend from Shanghai, who wears them socially as well as formally (and also enlightened me with the history of my Aquascutum jacket), provided me with an excuse to do just that:

7 comments:

Chelsea said...

I just ordered the scarf, may try and recreate your outfit in a female version.
I actually really want a 'pimping' umbrella. No doubt I would constantly forget it as I hardley ever remember to pick up a fold away one, but surely worth getting for such comments alone.

Gefundenes Fressen said...

I must say those glasses suit you very well.

Barima said...

C, I have a particular fondness for umbrellas, pimping or otherwise. They're useful, they're elegant when furled and they're much like walking canes without having to make excuses for having one - imagine what might have been if I'd actually had my - I mean, a pimp cane on me that night

As flattery done well is always appealing, I can think of no higher compliment than to have my outfit recreated by one so stylish, and will look out for your ensemble with interest

Fredrik - thanks. They may see some use every now and then, particularly when I might need to appear clever

Katia said...

Hey, I just came across your blog! I love your style so much :) Especially your outfit with the green sweater vest :)

Barima said...

Katia, I'm pleased to welcome you to my blog list. Thanks for stopping by. The sweater vest was a very thoughtful Christmas gift - bolder colours being my "thing," after all

Marco said...

Hey there, I'm really enjoying all the dapper outfits, cool indeed! You make the pocket square look easy! How?? Nice blog, we should blog roll!

www.manofthecloth.co.za

Barima said...

Marco, I'm pleased to be blog rollin' with you. Cheers. I am going to address your pocket square query in an upcoming post

ShareThis