Wednesday 29 April 2009

Customisation Deux: A la Mode

   Fiona took the lead on this latest "garment recalibration." Despite the florid, humourous twist it sometimes added to my ensembles, I'd pretty much resigned myself to having no further use for this ice cream man-friendly Interno8 shirt, although, seeing as it wasn't the only one of the three I own that I didn't choose myself, it, along with one other, would always face that fate

   But why let such a fetching red-and-white houndstooth pattern go to waste just because of an enormous collar and billowy fit issues? 'Twould fly in the face of my current "everything is usable" philosophy (if you ignore that a dozen of my pieces will be appearing online with an Ebay banner above their photos in about a week's time):


Before

   Together, over a delicious meal one evening, we came up with a concept that hearkened back to the kind of summer shirts young, open fated men would have worn in some bygone time where summer outfitting didn't mean slogan t-shirts, crocs and mismatched shorts

   Of course, the irony is that the shirt is unwearable at temperatures above 30 degrees due to its weight, but the look will still hold up on less tepid days


After

   The collar has been rendered inside out in a more unique banded style, while the 3-button barrel cuffs have migrated halfway up the sleeves. We thought that such an idiosyncratic detail should not go to waste. The fit around the body has been altered slightly, but a follow-up is forthcoming if I keep wasting away, as everyone seems to think I am

   All in all, a definite improvement

The first entry in this series is available here

3 comments:

WinstonC said...

Interesting and resourceful. I'd like to adjust a few garments of my own. Perhaps you could assist in consultation?

Barima said...

Thanks, and most certainly can. Fiona is the woman with the plan in terms of physical skills, and I think she'd relish another challenge. Look forward to seeing which pieces you'd like to change

shirtboy2 said...

Hey hello Barima, WOOOOW YOUR GORGIOUS IS MARVELOUSLY TRANSFORMED IN A VERY TOTALY AND DIFFERENT STYLE, COOOOL! It is only a pitty we can't se clearly the details of that changed collar! Is it possible to see it more clearly on some other pics maybe??? Oh yes and your 2 other Interno8 shirts will they get a transformation to? If so I hope to see pics of it as well! ;)

ShareThis